Vishan's Henna
Posted On Monday, June 15, 2009 at at 8:03 AM by NiloferSimple yet elegant-Vishan's henna
Last month one more name was added to my henna journey.Vishan. I was recommended to her by my Bollywood dance student, Mahesh. Thank you Mahesh.(Hope to see u in the class soon.) That's how I met Vishan.
She wanted to do henna for her engagement ceremony. From the first moment she met me, she was telling me only one thing that She wants simple yet elegant henna on her hand, and a big no to full-hand or grand designs.(most of the girls says same.) All she wanted was a north Indian style henna but yes, in elegant way.
But what made me little worried was that her view for elegant also was different. My worries weren't for any designs or style but I wanted to give exactly or somewhere near to that to her. See, I am a henna artist and it's my job but frankly speaking for me it's more than a job.Whenever I meet Brides to be, I always try to understand exactly what and how they want. I definitely definitely don't like their big day ends up with regret. For Vishan's case, I talked to her for long time about designs and etc. Not sure why but until final henna day I was thinking whether I would be able to satisfy her or how. Even though i had tried her design on my hand the night before.
And on the final day morning she came to my place with her Sis, Dasha-a very interesting girl. And we started...
So how's the henna..? Write to me. But before that few more things to say about this henna design.
In this design alignment is very important and difficult too. But it turned out well.
One more thing, usually when we want to continue palm design to one finger only we choose either first or second(middle) finger. Why? I don't know but that's how we do. You can see in the picture below , I did design to third(ring) finger. Full credit goes to Vishan as it was her idea. In fact I wasn't convinced fully that it will look nice. She Insisted that she wants to highlight only that finger, and for that she didn't let me do anything in rest of the fingers. So thanks Vishan for being adventurous and trying new idea ;-)
Last month one more name was added to my henna journey.Vishan. I was recommended to her by my Bollywood dance student, Mahesh. Thank you Mahesh.(Hope to see u in the class soon.) That's how I met Vishan.
She wanted to do henna for her engagement ceremony. From the first moment she met me, she was telling me only one thing that She wants simple yet elegant henna on her hand, and a big no to full-hand or grand designs.(most of the girls says same.) All she wanted was a north Indian style henna but yes, in elegant way.
But what made me little worried was that her view for elegant also was different. My worries weren't for any designs or style but I wanted to give exactly or somewhere near to that to her. See, I am a henna artist and it's my job but frankly speaking for me it's more than a job.Whenever I meet Brides to be, I always try to understand exactly what and how they want. I definitely definitely don't like their big day ends up with regret. For Vishan's case, I talked to her for long time about designs and etc. Not sure why but until final henna day I was thinking whether I would be able to satisfy her or how. Even though i had tried her design on my hand the night before.
And on the final day morning she came to my place with her Sis, Dasha-a very interesting girl. And we started...
So how's the henna..? Write to me. But before that few more things to say about this henna design.
In this design alignment is very important and difficult too. But it turned out well.
One more thing, usually when we want to continue palm design to one finger only we choose either first or second(middle) finger. Why? I don't know but that's how we do. You can see in the picture below , I did design to third(ring) finger. Full credit goes to Vishan as it was her idea. In fact I wasn't convinced fully that it will look nice. She Insisted that she wants to highlight only that finger, and for that she didn't let me do anything in rest of the fingers. So thanks Vishan for being adventurous and trying new idea ;-)
Simple henna design
Simple henna design
I got one more order after from someone after seeing this pic. Yeah..
Simple henna design
She is the first bride who sent me henna photo with color(above) next day as i was eager to see how it looks.
Ok friends thanks for reading my blog. Pls don't forget to comment down here. take care .bye.


i like the way the design goes across the fingers. When you put the ring and middle finger together. Looks elegant.
thanks for comment.
I watched a documentary in Astro about India and they featured on Henna artist. I am amazed over the artist's skills and 'concentration'.
Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!
thanks.